Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your Wellness Team.
The LightWorks is a consumer product designed to be used as part of a Wellness Lifestyle. A commitment to healthy lifestyle choices is an important factor in the journey to Wellness.
The SOTA LightWorks combines the ancient wisdom of color and light with the gentle frequencies and LEDs of modern technology to gently awaken the body’s natural tendency towards health and well-being.
The LightWorks is designed to be used independently, but can also be used together with any of the SOTA Products.
With proper care, your LightWorks should provide you many years of trouble-free use.
Please understand that results will vary.
Please read this manual thoroughly before using your LightWorks.
Please note information in this manual is subject to change.
The LightWorks can also be used with:
- The LightWorks Hand Paddle Set
- The LightPad
- One (1) LightWorks Unit
- One (1) Red/Near Infrared Hand Paddle
- One (1) LightWorks Cord
- One (1) Wall Adaptor
- One (1) Carrying Case
- One (1) Product Manual
- In the following situations as safety has not been explored:
- In the case of pregnancy.
- In the area of an active implanted device such as a pacemaker, etc.
- On the eyes.
- As with all electrical products do not use near water, when driving a car or when operating heavy equipment.
- Without proper airflow, there is a potential for the LEDs to overheat and cause a burn to the skin. When in use, please ensure there is proper airflow around the head of the paddle.
- When using
heat-producing or heat-sensitive ointments, lotions or medications as a skin burn may occur.
- If you are on
light-sensitive medications, please consult your health care provider prior to using the LightWorks.
- While this technology is generally considered safe, there exists potential for rare individual reactions that cannot reasonably be foreseen. Therefore, your use of the SOTA Products constitutes your agreement that you are responsible for your decision to use the technology.
GREEN: Indicates which mode is selected.
ORANGE: Indicates that the Automatic Option is in operation.
- Insert the power plug from the AC-DC Wall Adaptor into the unit and plug the adaptor into an electrical outlet.
- Remove the protective cover from the lens on both sides of the Hand Paddle.
- Plug the FLAT END of the LightWorks Cord into either of the USB ports on the base of the unit. The USB symbol should be face down as shown.
Plug the SQUARE END of the LightWorks Cord into the Hand Paddle as in image below.
When positioned correctly, the cord will slide in gently. Do not force.
- Push the ON/OFF/MODE button. All the lights on the base will flash in sequence to indicate the unit is ready for use. The unit starts in the Automatic (AUTO) Option and begins with the Constant Mode. The AUTO light will flash continuously.
- Select one side of the Hand Paddle by pushing the Hand Paddle button. Only one side of the Hand Paddle is operational at a time. Push the Hand Paddle button to check the operation of each side of the Hand Paddle.
Option: The LightWorks can be used with two Hand Paddles at the same time. See 'Using Two Light Accessories' below.
- The unit can be left in AUTO or a specific Mode can be selected.
- In AUTO, the unit will operate on the selected side of the Hand Paddle for 24 minutes—3 minutes on each of the 8 Modes. The unit sounds a 'beep' after each 3 minute Mode has completed.
- Manual Option: Choose a specific Mode by pushing the ON/OFF/MODE button briefly. A GREEN light indicates which Mode is selected and that Mode will operate for 20 minutes.
- To return to the AUTO Option continue pressing the ON/OFF/MODE button until the ORANGE light comes on. See 'Output of Modes' below for the frequency of each Mode.
- The LED lights on the Hand Paddle should be placed on or very close to the skin. Clothing will block the light.
- When any of the timed cycles finish, the unit will beep. To continue with another cycle, push the ON/OFF/MODE button within 20 seconds of the beep. The unit turns itself off if the ON/OFF/MODE button is not pushed within this time.
- To turn the unit off before the end of a cycle, hold the ON/OFF/MODE button down for a full two seconds.
- Unplug the Wall Adaptor when not in use.
Note: With the unit off, when unplugging the Wall Adaptor or the LightWorks Cord, the lights on the Hand Paddle may flash briefly—this is normal.
Hand Paddle: The Hand Paddle can be changed from side to side at any time during a session.
The Hand Paddle casing for the LED lights may become very warm with extended use. If it feels uncomfortable, turn it off and allow it to cool before continuing.
Timing: When either the Mode or Hand Paddle setting is changed the timing is reset.
Cleaning the Hand Paddle Lenses: Use a damp cloth. Do not spray water directly on the Hand Paddle as this risks moisture entering the casing. Do not use abrasive chemicals on the plastic.
Most individuals will not feel any sensation while using the LightWorks.
Length of Session: It is best to begin slowly and then gradually increase the length of each session. Daily use varies from 3 to 24 minutes or more.
Length of Use: When used as part of a Wellness Protocol, use every other day. For specific purposes, longer and more frequent sessions may be more beneficial. Generally, the LightWorks can be used as needed.
Placement: The Hand Paddle may be kept on one location or it may be moved at any time to different locations.
Drink plenty of water: It’s important to drink enough water when using the unit. Drinking ozonated water is especially helpful.
Additional Light Accessories* can be purchased as the LightWorks can be used with two accessories at the same time.
Simply plug the second accessory into the second USB port on the LightWorks base. When using the two Hand Paddles the LEDs on one side of each paddle will come on.
- To switch the colors on both sides of the paddles, press the PADDLE button once.
- To change the color of the paddle plugged into port 1 only, hold the PADDLE button down for two seconds.
To get the color combination you want, use Step 1 and Step 2 above as needed. *Hand Paddles or LightPad
Red LED lights: Features 60 high-intensity Red LED lights with a wavelength of 660 nanometers (nm) and a light output of approximately 718 milliwatts (mW).
Near Infrared (NIR) LED lights: Features 57 high-intensity Near Infrared invisible LED lights with a wavelength of 850 nanometers (nm) plus 3 visible Red LED lights with a light output of approximately 455 milliwatts (mW).
When this side of the Hand Paddle is selected, only the 3 Red LED lights will be visible to the eye.
When using the AUTO option, the LightWorks is timed for 3 minutes on each of the 8 Modes for a total of 24 minutes.
When using the MANUAL option, all Modes are timed for 20 minutes when selected.
The table indicates the frequency output of each Mode.
|Mode ||Constant ||A ||B ||C ||D ||E ||F ||G |
|Frequency Hz ||N/A ||292 ||584 ||1168 ||2336 ||4672 ||73 ||146 |
Research indicates that a minimum output of 4 Joules per cm2 is required to be effective. The table below indicates the Joules per cm2 for each Hand Paddle.
|Paddle Color ||Manual Option ||Automatic Option |
|Constant Mode ||Modes A - G ||All Modes |
|Joules/cm2 ||Joules/cm2 ||Joules/cm2 |
|Red ||30 ||15 ||21 |
|NIR ||19 ||10 ||13 |
|Orange ||13 ||7 ||9 |
|Yellow ||7 ||4 ||5 |
|Green ||14 ||7 ||9 |
|Blue ||28 ||14 ||19 |
|In Manual Option, Modes A - G and Constant Mode is per 20 minutes. |
In Automatic Option, output is per 24 minutes (3 minutes in each Mode).
12 Volts DC @ 1.5 Amps, Tip or Center Positive.
Caution: Exceeding the voltage rating or reverse connection may result in injury or unit failure. This will void the warranty.
Optional Power Input
To operate the LightWorks from a 12 Volt DC source, such as an automobile battery or an appropriate Solar Panel, purchase a Universal Power Cord with Tip or Center Positive.
Output Specifications*Light output measured using a Newport Optical 1830-C Light Meter.
Red LEDs: Wavelength of 660 nm (+/- 10 nm) and a light output of approximately 718 milliwatts (mW)*.
Near Infrared LEDs: Wavelength of 850 nm (+/- 10 nm) and a light output of approximately 455 milliwatts (mW)*.
Frequency tolerance +/- 1 Hz.
The Troubleshooting Guide is a great tool to check if you are experiencing any issues with your unit.
The manufacturing of the SOTA Products is a global collaboration. The following countries participate in the making of the LightWorks (listed in alphabetical order): Canada, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Korea and Taiwan.
To replace your accessories, please visit our All Products
The LightWorks, LW2 is covered by a three (3) year limited warranty. Please keep proof of purchase. Warranty is void if the failure is due to abuse or negligence. SOTA reserves the right to make changes to the LightWorks without obligation.
Please contact SOTA at:
Toll Free: 1.800.224.0242 (Canada & USA)